Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Hearty, wonderful meal. Delicious on a cold winter day!
Make and share this Grandma's Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 500 gr. navy beans, soak beans overnight then precook with baking soda
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup, condensed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 ounces water
- salt and pepper
- 1 Farmer's sausage, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cubed
- After precooking and draining the navy beans, place in dutch oven. Add all other ingredients and stir together. Bake in oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- For best flavour, bacon and farmer sausage can be prefried before adding to dutch oven.