Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my 93 year old Grandma. Always requested at family functions and potlucks at Church!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- In large skillet, cook beef, bacon, and onion until meat is done and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Combine ketchup, pepper, sugar, bar-b-que sauce and chili powder.
- Add meat mixture.
- Add beans.
- Place in greased 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until heated through.
This recipe sounds a lot like a recipe that my mother in law gave me back in the 80s from a magazine where she found it. I loved it and lost it after some time. I am so glad that I have found it again. Thank you so much for posting.