Recipe by Rhonda O
I received this from a member of a Recipe club I paricipate in.Sounds Yummy!
Top Review by SaraFish
This is delicious! Light and yet moist. I subbed walnuts for the pecans but otherwise used ingredients exactly as written. I baked mine in a bundt pan and after it was cool, I dusted it with powdered sugar. I served it as a birthday cake last night for my husband's birthday and everyone really enjoyed it. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar till light.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Turn batter into greased and lightly floured pan (13 x 9 x 2-inch).
- Bake at 350 F about 45 minutes to till done.
- Cool in pan.
- (an additional 1/3 cup raisins can be substituted for the 1/2 cup of pecans, if desired).