Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received this from a member of a Recipe club I paricipate in.Sounds Yummy!
Make and share this Grandma's Applesauce Cake with Raisins and Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter and sugar till light.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Turn batter into greased and lightly floured pan (13 x 9 x 2-inch).
- Bake at 350 F about 45 minutes to till done.
- Cool in pan.
- (an additional 1/3 cup raisins can be substituted for the 1/2 cup of pecans, if desired).
This is delicious! Light and yet moist. I subbed walnuts for the pecans but otherwise used ingredients exactly as written. I baked mine in a bundt pan and after it was cool, I dusted it with powdered sugar. I served it as a birthday cake last night for my husband's birthday and everyone really enjoyed it. Thanks!
Delicious! I halved the recipe, used a combo of applesauce and apple butter and left out the pecans, iced with a thin layer of butter cream icing. Thanks for sharing the keeper recipe.
Delicious. Moist. Holds very well and actually improves with age. I was in a hurry and went a little heavy on the spices, no harm done. Perfect fit for bunt style pan.