Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a family recipe that has been passed down. The ingredients are simple but the taste is perfect.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups granny smith apples, about 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 pie crusts, Pillsbury refrigerated
- Melt butter, add sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix until completed combined. Set aside.
- Beat egg and temper with egg/sugar mixture.
- Add egg to remaining egg/sugar mixture slowly while whisking. Pour over sliced apples.
- Line a pie plate with one pie crust, pour in the apple mixture, top with the second crust. Crimp edges and vent.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes then reduce to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 45 minutes.