Recipe by Mom10
from Grandma C. I grew up eating this. It's very different from the crisp toppings made with oats.
- sliced apples or pitted cherries
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup oleo or 1⁄3 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fruit in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, bakingpowder, salt and egg. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired, and pour melted butter over topping.
- Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream or (the way we usually had it), pour a little milk in your bowl to cool it down and make it extra yummy.