Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Prepare Streusel Topping by mix topping ingredients in small bowl until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, soda and cloves.
- Add apple and walnuts; toss to coat.
- In small bowl, beat eggs with fork; beat in buttermilk and butter.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended.
- Fill greased pans 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- Bake in preheated 400 degrees oven until pick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 25 minutes for muffins, 30 to 35 minutes for 9-inch square coffee cake.
Loved these muffins. I took a dozen to a dinner where there was a muffin exchange, and they vanished immediately. I have made them for my family, and they are so moist...and the crispy topping...yum. Just delicious. Thanks for sharing.
I have tried many apple quick bread/muffin recipes and had not been happy with the results.. until now! I LOVED these. I made it into a loaf, replacing half of the flour with oat flour (it's actually the secret for moist and tender loaf!), and *accidentally* added wayy too much apples. Turned out awesome though! This is the only recipe I'll use from now on! :) Thanks!
I was looking for a lower fat version of an apple muffin but couldn't find one i liked, so, I revamped your recipe. Omitted nuts, used light margarine, 1% milk, 2 egg whites beaen till frothy, and oat bran in the topping instead of flour; baked 13 1/2 minutes. Soooooo......I've made some good muffins before but theses were WOW! Incredible! Super moist, super flavourful, super easy!!!! H2B ate 4 in like 10 minutes! The only boo-hoo was that the recipe only made 12 muffins and not 24. These will be made over & over and i can't wait to share this recipe!!! Thanx!