Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has been in the family for at least a couple generations. A generous scoop of warm apple crisp is terrific served over ice cream, and is also great on its own, too, without any accompaniment.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and granulated sugar over apples. Toss or gently stir to evenly cover apples with mixture.
- Pour apples into an ungreased 8 X 8 inch baking pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl, working margarine or butter into dry ingredients with a fork or hands until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake until topping is golden and crispy, and apples are tender, around 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.