Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
My grandma used to make these for special occasions. I always asked her to make them for no reason but she said no. My dad said it's because she would always get frustrated with the dough and she hates to swear. I have no such issue and always remember to use lots of flour when rolling out the dough and have lots of wine available. It is so worth it when they are done. Fantastic tart.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Separately, cream crisco and sugar; sift together dry ingredients; beat egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix all 3 parts together well.
- Flour cutting board and roll dough out thinly.
- Cut out small circles for the tops and large circles for the base.
- Place large circles in muffin tins.
- Add 1 tbs of apple sauce to each tin.
- Add tops, seal with fingers or fork.
- Score the tops with knife or fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While cooling, sprinkle with icing sugar.
I made these for dessert tonight and everyone enjoyed them. I made the recipe as written. Made for Fall PAC 2012
Yum, these tarts were delicious kmact. We enjoyed these little gems so much. They were awesome, beautiful cookie crust, crisp and tender all at the same time, filled with a lovely apple filling. I used homemade spiced applesauce, it worked perfectly in this dish. They were quick and so easy to make. We will be enjoying this treat often. Thanks so much for sharing, made for Fall Pac/12