1/2 Photos of Grandma's Apple Cake
Wakey lass Lisa's Note:
This was a massive hit when i was growing up. My grandma would make this weekly and as visitors called she would have orders to make her guests a cake for the following week. She served it with custard, vanilla ice cream or fresh cream and all were equally delicious! This was a great cake to eat during the winter served hot with custard. I have now started to add a handful of flaked almonds, sprinkled on top of the cake (just before it goes in the oven) The addition of the flaked almonds, seems to be an even bigger hit! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour a 9 inch cake tin.
- 2Cream butter and orange rind, caster sugar and beat until light and creamy.
- 3Mix 1 tablespoonful of the flour with apples in a dish.
- 4Put eggs, milk in bowl with creamed butted.
- 5Add remaining flour, peel and apples to the creamed mixture; blend well with a metal spoon.
- 6Turn into prepared tin, sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 7Cook at 350°F/Gas 4, for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Serve cold as a cake or hot as a pudding with custard, cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.7
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 133.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: