Recipe by Chef Mrs Wilson
Fruit salad with coconut and mandarin oranges. There are many versions of this salad. Add or subtract as you like!
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 cups colored miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 large banana
- 1 large apple
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut banana and apple into small pieces and set aside in a bowl of cold water and lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together, coconut, marshmallows, almonds, and all well drained cans and jar(s) of fruit.
- Drain apple and banana and add to the rest of the fruit. Drain all fruit well or salad will be mushy.
- In a small bowl, mix together vanilla, cinnamon, sour cream, then add to fruit and mix.
- Fold in whipped topping and refrigerate until well chilled and serve.