Recipe by CaramelPie
I've tried several strawberry pie recipes on this website, but my kids keep telling me "Grandmama's is better." Her copy of this recipe calls it "Miss Kay's Favorite Strawberry Pie" from Burris Farm Market. The kids said they could tell I'd used Grandmama's recipe when I made this.
Top Review by woozypoo
This pie recipe is what I've been looking for. My husband has been hounding me for years to make a strawberry pie like he remembers from his childhood. Evidently, this was it...he LOVED it!!! So quick & easy, too - it's definitely a keeper!!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook water, sugar and cornstarch on HIGH in microwave for 3 minutes; stir and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add the dry jello and strawberries, and stir well.
- Pour into baked pie shell or graham cracker crust.
- Chill until set.
- Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.