Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs 30 mins
My grandmama's recipe is delish on cold fried chicken, crackers, veggies or whatever else. It's best with a layer of cream cheese served underneath the layer of jelly on whatever you decide to use it on. Cook time is an approximation / guess because I've only watched her make it. Cook time includes the set time overnight. Here are my grandmama's notes: "I found that using the 1/4 teaspoon in your measuring spoons makes it super easy to scoop all of the jalapeno seeds out of the jalapenos before you chop them up in the food processor. Just a hint I thought you might like to know. Also, it isn't the seeds that make it hot it is the membrane of the jalapeno. I think it's prettier when there are no seeds though and using the little measuring spoon saves all of the mess of having to scoop them out if you miss them."
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, crushed in blender (Mango colored)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, crushed in blender
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Certo (one envelope)
- Mix all ingredients together except the Certo.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in Certo.
- Return to a rolling boil and cook for 1 minute stirring all the while.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam or seeds on the surface.
- Pour into sterilized jelly jars and seal.
- Store overnight to set.
I tried a recipe before this which was good, but this one is the BEST! It set up great and had a great flavor with a little bite. Thanks for posting this.