Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by Anna Bongiorno in Cuisine By the Sea, The Avon School. I found this book sale and want to make this recipe from it someday. It didn't say how long to bake but I will guess 30 minutes, it merely says to bake until golden brown.
- 3 lbs meatloaf mixture, ground beef, pork and veal
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups locatelli romano cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 2 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks celery
- Puree the garlic, onion, carrots and celery.
- Saute in a large frying pan with butter. (then set it aside and let it cool down).
- In a large bowl, mix the other ingredients by hand and mix in the sauteed vegetables too.
- Make billiard size meatballs (roughly 3 dozen) or as you like them.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. until golden brown. They can also be fried.