Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Grandma would often make a big pot of this to bring up to the cabin. We'd have it with crackers and cheese or on top of hot dogs with chopped onions... either way it's delish!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef, browned
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 cups celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans (drained)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Cook onions in olive oil until tender.
- Brown beef; drain fat.
- Blend all ingredients in a large pot; bring to simmer and cook slowly for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.