Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just like Grandma made for Passover every year.
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons rendered chicken fat
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 16 -18 sheets matzos
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 13x9 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix everything except matzos together in a large bowl. (Reserve a little cinnamon and sugar for the end.).
- Working 2-3 sheets at a time, hold matzos under running water until they soften. Break into large pieces, about 2x2", and add to bowl. Mix gently to coat matzos without breaking them up any further.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with reserved cinnamon and sugar. Bake 50-60 minutes.