Grandma West Cream Fruitcake
- Cream well sugar, Crisco and eggs.
- Mix together cloves, almond extract and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture. Add soda to whipping cream, mix real well. Don't leave any lumps.
- (Important to add soda to whipping cream, fresh whipping cream makes the cake taste much better.) Add whipping cream to creamed mixture. Mix well by hand with spoon.
- Add 2 cups flour to creamed mixture. Mix well. Mix by hand, mixture too thick to use mixer.
- Add mixed fruit; mix well. Add nut meats; mix well.
- Bake in 3 small bread pans (I use disposable pans) greased, lined with wax paper (let paper edges hang out of pan), and then grease wax paper.
- Pour cake mixture in and bake at 300 degrees for 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool, wrap in aluminum foil and freeze until ready to use.