Recipe by Babybuttons
This is a simple, easy veggie soup recipe that was my great grandmother's. I always seem to make it when the weather turns cold. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs stew beef chunks
- 2 -3 marrow, bones
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 pot herbs
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 (10 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2-1 cup barley (optional)
- 4 -8 cups water (approx enough to cover all ingredients in pot)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in (large) 12-quart soup pot.
- Add tomatoes and beef broth then add bones, all veggies and enough water to cover everything (approximately 1 inch from top).
- Bring to boil and add pot herb (i usually put the pot herb in a piece of cheese cloth and tie to side of pot, this way you don't loose it in the soup).
- Turn down to simmer and cook for approximately 2 hours stirring occasionally.