Recipe by Some1sGrandma
Served at my grandma's house for every holiday occasion as long as I can remember. You wouldn't know there is cabbage in this unless you saw the ingredient list! Tastes like fruit and whipped cream!
Top Review by StephanieInOR
I am a bit biased since Grandma Vi is my great-grandma. This is a dish I always associate with the holidays! I am sure to make this each year, especially now that I have a family of my own!
- 1 can crushed pineapple (in juice, not syrup)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 package cream cheese (cut into small pieces)
- 6 sqare ice cubes (old fashioned ice tray kind)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain juice from can of crushed pineapple into a measuring cup.
- Add enough pineapple juice to make 2 cups.
- Bring the 2 cups of juice to a boil.
- Remove from heat and dissolve completely 2 pkgs.
- of lime jello in the juice, stir, stir, stir.
- Add all the cream cheese pieces using a gravy whip to blend.
- Add 6 ice cubes and pineapple, stir until ice dissolves.
- Put in the freezer until cool and syrup-like.
- Fold in chopped nuts, cabbage (shredded very fine), and Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate several hours.