Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Served at my grandma's house for every holiday occasion as long as I can remember. You wouldn't know there is cabbage in this unless you saw the ingredient list! Tastes like fruit and whipped cream!
- 1 can crushed pineapple (in juice, not syrup)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 package cream cheese (cut into small pieces)
- 6 sqare ice cubes (old fashioned ice tray kind)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Drain juice from can of crushed pineapple into a measuring cup.
- Add enough pineapple juice to make 2 cups.
- Bring the 2 cups of juice to a boil.
- Remove from heat and dissolve completely 2 pkgs.
- of lime jello in the juice, stir, stir, stir.
- Add all the cream cheese pieces using a gravy whip to blend.
- Add 6 ice cubes and pineapple, stir until ice dissolves.
- Put in the freezer until cool and syrup-like.
- Fold in chopped nuts, cabbage (shredded very fine), and Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate several hours.
my boyfriends mother and grandmother made this and last year i made yours for the first time he loved it said it was just like theres. thanks i saved it to use again and again its really hard to find when you look else ware. thanks. great post.
Made as a test run for our annual halloween party. The kids loved it even with the cabbage. I added in some shredded carrots to make it even more festive for the occasion. We will be using this one.
Best jello salad I have ever had! We have this every Christmas, and I love it!