Served at my grandma's house for every holiday occasion as long as I can remember. You wouldn't know there is cabbage in this unless you saw the ingredient list! Tastes like fruit and whipped cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can crushed pineapple (in juice, not syrup)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 package cream cheese (cut into small pieces)
- 6 sqare ice cubes (old fashioned ice tray kind)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1Drain juice from can of crushed pineapple into a measuring cup.
- 2Add enough pineapple juice to make 2 cups.
- 3Bring the 2 cups of juice to a boil.
- 4Remove from heat and dissolve completely 2 pkgs.
- 5of lime jello in the juice, stir, stir, stir.
- 6Add all the cream cheese pieces using a gravy whip to blend.
- 7Add 6 ice cubes and pineapple, stir until ice dissolves.
- 8Put in the freezer until cool and syrup-like.
- 9Fold in chopped nuts, cabbage (shredded very fine), and Cool Whip.
- 10Refrigerate several hours.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Vi's Green Jello Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.1
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 201.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: