Recipe by Tee Angel
I learned to make this rice from my husband's Grandma Vicky. Vicky was born and raised in Mexico and keeps her dishes simple. This is one of my favorite starch dishes and my Niece Erin's too!
- 1 cup rice, long-grain
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, white, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute rice in oil until rice begins to brown.
- Add Onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in tomato sauce, water and add chicken bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to a medium-low. Cover with a lid and cook 20 minutes.
- Open and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Let sit about 10 minutes before you serve to absorb any excess fuilds.