Recipe by Tee Angel
My Husband's Grandma grew up in Mexico and continues to make many of the recipes she did back home. These tacos are delicious and can be made ahead and frozen for up to a couple of months.
Top Review by Pinay0618
We have a dear family friend who taught me how to make these, along with to die for guacamole and chicken burritos. I love how you get such a fabulous flavor from such simple ingredients in this recipe - they really are the best tacos I've ever eaten!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 -16 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, garlic and onion until done. Drain fat.
- Bowl potatoes in another pot until tender.
- Combine hamburger mixture, potatoes and tomato sauce.
- Warm corn tortillas and place in a towel to keep warm.
- Add a large spoon full of mixture into the center of the tortillas and close with toothpicks.
- Fry until crisp in hot oil.