Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Grandmother Tuttle started making this during my teenage years. I'm not sure where she got the recipe but everyone loves this stuff. Very simple and a great change from regular rice. So easy to make and just toss it in the oven.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, shopped
- 1 cup rice
- Melt butter in 1.5 quart casserole dish.
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- I usually stir it after 20 or 30 minutes to mix up the onions and mushrooms, but it's not required.
This had a nice beef flavor highlighted with mushrooms & onions. Who could ask for more? I baked alongside Pizza Meatloaf Aunt Anne's Recipe and had a comfort food meal the family was excited about. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This is a lovely - retro - rice mix that tastes as good today, as it did many years ago. I didn't change one thing, this is exactly as it should be. I especially love the beef consomme, and mushrooms addition. Will make this often and was so comforting! Made for *PAC* Spring 2010
Very good rice. A great change from regular rice.