Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious bundt cake recipe that my grandmother used to make. It's one of my favorites.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- For cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10 inches bundt or tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, apricot nectar and lemon zest.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water and add to cake batter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour into the greased cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, cool for 10 minutes and invert onto a cake plate.
- Pour glaze over cake while it is still warm.
- For glaze:.
- Combine confectioner's sugar and lemon juice and mix well.