1 hr 15 mins
Chef JeanneJeannie's Note:
Heart Stopping Cheesy Goodness! great with a baked ham (our family's tradition) or with an omlete the next day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, either shredded or cubed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, diced (about a cup)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup corn flakes or 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- 1Spray a 9x12 pan with pan release.
- 2Mix all liquid ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 3Add potatoes, onions and cheese. It's ok if the potatoes are still frozen. You can use frozen onion too.
- 4Scoop into baking pan. Spread evenly.
- 5Top with cornflakes or potato chips.
- 6Bake 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Szluk's Cheesy Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 481.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g