Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Heart Stopping Cheesy Goodness! great with a baked ham (our family's tradition) or with an omlete the next day!
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, either shredded or cubed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, diced (about a cup)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup corn flakes or 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- Spray a 9x12 pan with pan release.
- Mix all liquid ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, onions and cheese. It's ok if the potatoes are still frozen. You can use frozen onion too.
- Scoop into baking pan. Spread evenly.
- Top with cornflakes or potato chips.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
Outstanding...thanks for sharing. Great with a ham like you mentioned.
My sisters mother in law made this for our mothers day brunch and it was amazing. I have had it before but this one is by far better!!
LOVED IT!!!!! I used fat free sour cream and a non-transfat spread and omitted the onion, and it was sooooooo gooooooood!!!!!! Definitely a keeper!