Recipe by Dine & Dish
This is the ultimate comfort food to me. My mom's extra cheesy recipe for Macaroni Shells and Cheese!
Top Review by bmcnichol
OMG this is so cheesy. I love cheese but this was a bit much for us. Next time I would only use two cups of Velveeta. I did add 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and my family thought it could have used more. This was good and everyone ate it but did comment that it had too much cheese.
- 3 cups Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups medium pasta shells
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni 10 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Coat microwave safe casserole dish with melted butter.
- Put cheese cubes, milk, and pepper in butter-coated, 2-quart casserole dish and microwave six minutes on medium power or until cheese is melted. Stir until it creates cheese sauce.
- Add cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce. Stir until all macaroni shells are coated with cheese sauce.
- Slice cheddar cheese into approximately 3/8" slices and insert slices into macaroni and cheese sauce mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until browned.