Recipe by Michigan Dreamer
This is a recipe my Grandma used to make when I was young. She passed away when I was around 12 and my Aunt Judy started making them for the family gatherings and holidays. They are delicious.
- 2 lbs navy beans
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans over night or all day.
- Boil in baking soda for about 20 minutes, I just dump some in the water.
- Rinse the beans good and add the chopped onions, bacon, sugar, soup, and water.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and celery salt to taste.
- I bake them over night at 250.
- Then just enjoy eating them.