1/3 Photos of Grandma S's Whole Wheat Bread
1 hr 45 mins
Proud Veteran's wife's Note:
This is my grannys whole wheat bread. She sent it to me and I had to post it here. I love this bread! So I hope you enjoy too! The 5 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour are approximate. It is different with everyone's climate. I hope you enjoy please z-mail me if you have any questions-pvw
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixer bowl add water, oil, honey, yeast, salt and white flour mix together.
- 2Add 3 cups of whole wheat flour and blend together.
- 3Add remaining flour in small amounts to get a firm but elastic texture (more flour may be added if needed).
- 4Knead on high speed for 10 minutes. Dough should be firm but elastic.
- 5Form into 2 loaves and place in well greased loaf pans. Let rise until doubled in size. (Could be covered with a damp kitchen dish towel) about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. (if you press on the dough at the corner of the pan it should dimple (or leave an indentation) when ready).
- 6Bake at 350'F for 30-45 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped (if necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 5-10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning) Immediately remove bread from pans. Cool Completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma S's Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1766.3
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2936.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 309.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 44.5 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 56.3 g