Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are a chewy, no-bake bar that my grandma used to make me as a snack when I would play all day in the summer. It goes without saying that they bring me fond memories, and, while I'm sure it would be possible to make a lower-fat, lower-cal, and lower-sugar version, I wouldn't change a thing! You can really use any cereal you like here - Grandma made them with anything on hand - cornflakes, rice krispies, cheerios, etc. I prefer them with cornflakes.
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cereal (flake, rice, anything)
- 1 cup oats (select quick or old-fasioned based upon how chewy you like things)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Mix the ceral, oats, and raisins in a large bowl.
- Heat the marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter in a saucepan slowly until melted and combined.
- Pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Press into 8x8 greased or lined pan.
- Cool and cut.