This is an easy to make creamy pasta dish, that I usually have all the ingredients for on hand. It is comfort food at it's best! My Grandma Smith raised 10 children on this recipe and my 3 year old loves it, very kid-friendly. I usually use whole wheat pasta for extra fiber and nutrition.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 -5 cups macaroni, cooked and hot
- 1 cup carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- crushed potato chips, for topping (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except potato chips in a large bowl in order written.
- Then put in a 9x13-inch baking dish and top with crushed potato chips if desired. (We like the topping).
- Bake at 375°F for about 45 minutes.