Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy to make creamy pasta dish, that I usually have all the ingredients for on hand. It is comfort food at it's best! My Grandma Smith raised 10 children on this recipe and my 3 year old loves it, very kid-friendly. I usually use whole wheat pasta for extra fiber and nutrition.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 -5 cups macaroni, cooked and hot
- 1 cup carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- crushed potato chips, for topping (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except potato chips in a large bowl in order written.
- Then put in a 9x13-inch baking dish and top with crushed potato chips if desired. (We like the topping).
- Bake at 375°F for about 45 minutes.
I really like this recipe. The grated carrots in it are a plus. With the mayonnaise, it is very creamy and doesn't get dried out. This is a winner!
OMG, I love this. No one else in the family likes tuna, so I halved the recipe. I'm going to limit this to twice a year...I think I'm addicted. I had it for breakfast this morning! I left out the carrots and celery, but that's just personal preference. I want to say thank you but...why have you done this to me? :) :)
A little different taste from my usual tuna casserole; creamier and richer. We all liked it. Husband wants cheese added to topping next time. Son loved it but felt a little guilty enjoying all that fat. 18 month old grandson liked it so much he dug in with both hands and smeared some on his face just for good measure. For my part I kept sampling as I was trying to cover up left overs to put away. Need a really big bowl to mix this up in. Will definitely make this again.