Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from my wife's side of the family. The standard comfort food goodness of a German cream soup mixed with the ingredients available to northern prairie pioneers.
- Peel and cut potatoes.
- Barely cover potaoes with water and boil until just harder than you want.
- Slice bacon into bite size bits and fry.
- When bacon is nearly done add onions and carmelize.
- When potatoes are ready remove most but not all the water and add milk,.
- cream, and bacon onion mix.
- Bring back to boil and simmer until potatoes are desired tenderness.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
My husband and I had this tonight for supper. It was easy to fix; good for a weeknight after work. The only thing I changed was to add a little cheese, which thickened up the soup a little. I like easy recipes that can be made at the end of a busy day. I made this for Pick A Chef 2014. Thanks for the recipe.