Recipe by Aly Neem
This is my best friend's grandma's recipe. It's similar to another posted but different enough to merit it's own place. We make this every holiday and it's my most favorite way to make jello ever! Don't let the ingredients scare you out of trying this one.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (drain well)
- 1 pint cottage cheese (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (whipped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Mix in all ingredients except cottage cheese and whipped cream.
- Cool mixture then add cottage cheese and whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until molded. Cover so it doesn’t dry out.
- Use a 9X13 glass pan or pretty bundt shaped pan. If you use a bundt pan, set the pan in warm water for a few minutes before unmolding.