Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of my grandmother's recipes. Grandma use to put whatever she had in her kitchen into this soup. A big pot of homemade soup was always the favorite dish in my grandmas house. Back then with 9 kids it was always soups and stews.
- 1 (2 -3 lb) beef roast or 1 (2 -3 lb) pork roast
- 3 -4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 -5 stalks celery, cubed
- 3 -4 carrots, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, cored and cut in chunks
- 1 onion, cut in chunks
- 1 (28 ounce) canof either whole tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- Cover one blade roast and suet with water.
- Cook until tender.
- Add a few slices of onion and celery for flavor.
- Remove the meat.
- Add all your vegetables in chunks:.
- Cook vegetables until tender.
- Add one large can of whole tomatoes or diced tomatoes.
- Then add the meat back into the soup.
- Cook 8 -10 minutes longer then serve and enjoy.
- Note: If you want the soup to be thicker, you can use 1 can of Tomato Paste.