Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is the recipe for my Grandmother's amazing dinner rolls. They are so wonderful.
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix these 3 ingredients and let rise till yeast bubbles up.
- In large bowl mix the sugar, salt, oil and warm water.
- Pour 1) into 2) and then.
- beat 1 egg and add it to mix.
- then beat 4 or 5 cups flour into the mix.
- put in frig (covered by cloth) for 1 day.
- take out of frig 1 1/2 hour before needed. roll out and cut into circles.
- (dip each round in a bit of melted butter if desired) and partially fold each round on self. place rolls in greased pan and let rise 1 1/2 hour.
- cook at 450 for approximately 10 minutes.