Recipe by rebecca684
These are the best biscuits ever!!!! They are so good and I always ask my grandmother to make them when I come over.
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 -3 tablespoons warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add shortening to flour and next 4 ingredients till it is consistency of meal.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water and let rise 10 minutes or so.
- Add flour mixture to yeast and mix until smooth.
- Put in greased bowl, cover, and refrigerate. (overnight?).
- Before baking, remove from Frig, roll out and use cookie cutter to make the biscuits.
- and place on cookie sheet. Let them rise 30 minutes.
- Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes.