Recipe by Crabzilla
Another recipe from my mother. It's quite rich and tasty. The prep times are a guess, I've never made the cake myself, just enjoyed it. My mother has given me all of her recipe cards, she can no longer bake, I hope that I have not missed something in the translation, if so, please feel free to email me! I am so not a baker, so if something doesn't look right, I probably won't pick up on it!
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour generously a bundt pan.
- Cream together the first 4 ingredients.
- Sift together the next 4 ingredients.
- Slowly add the sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- When well incorporated, add the crushed pineapple and grated carrots.
- Mix and blend together well.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife comes away clean from center of cake.
- While cake is baking, prepare the frosting.
- Cream together the first 3 ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar until you reach a frosting of nice consistency (you may find you need a little less powdered sugar).
- When cake is done, let it cool. Remove from pan and continue to let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cake has COMPLETELY cooled, frost it.