Soft Italian cake type cookie. this recipe has been in the family before I was born, so I will label it as 1946...
- Beat eggs with oil and sugar five minutes.
- Combine the milk and anise flavour.
- Combine the flour and salt and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Make a soft, very soft dough.
- Soft but not sticky.
- If you add too much flour they will be dry cookies.
- Roll pieces of dough into finger lengths,and widths, and shape into a figure 8.
- Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 350F for 8 to 10 minutes, just bottoms slightly golden.
- Tops should have no colour.
- Frost with a glaze of , icing powder, and anise flavour; drop of milk.