Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best sauce for ham. Period.
Make and share this Grandma Robertson's Ham Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Combine brown sugar and vinegar in a medium saucepan over low heat, and stir until dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- Temper the eggs by whisking in a few tablespoons of the hot vinegar mixture. Then, pour the egg mixture into the saucepan, and whisk to incorporate.
- In a small dish, combine the ground mustard and flour.
- Add a few tablespoons of the hot liquid from the saucepan to the mustard and flour mixture. Stir until smooth, and add back to the saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Add the currant jelly, and whisk over low heat until dissolved.
- Cook until the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately, or allow to cool and refrigerate.
- Serve warm sauce over your favorite ham, and enjoy!