Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Christmas favorite of our family.
Make and share this Grandma Rita's Peanut Butter Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups slightly crushed Rice Krispies
- chocolate almond bark, melted
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening
- Mix together the powdered sugar, butter, peanut butter.
- Add crushed rice crispies- mix well.
- Roll into 1 inch size balls.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt the almond bark with 1 tablespoon of solid shortening (do not add water, milk, oil, margarine or butter to thin- this will cause the chocolate to seize).
- Dip chilled balls and let set on waxed paper.
Yummy!! Very easy to make. They vanish really quickly too!! I made half a recipe and used chocolate chips instead of almond bark and peanut butter instead of shortening since I didn't have those ingredients. Worked really well. Thanks for posting this - we really enjoyed and I will be making again!