Recipe by LiisaN
This is my MIL's meatballs - which she made for her family of three boys - thus the reason the meatballs were made so big! Now I make these for my three boys. One of my husband's favorite meals served with boiled potatoes. Is a fairly quick fixing/hearty meal for weeknight!
Top Review by Braunda
We just loved the meatballs and gravy...Great flavor and Meatballs were super also. I drained fat from the skillet and deglazed the pan and added the soup. Wonderful gravy and meatballs with boiled potatoes and Green Beans rounding out this wonderful meal. I sure will make this again. Keeper for us. Thank You.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 -4 pieces bread, softened with
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (32 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften bread in milk and squeeze dry to break bread into pieces.
- Add to hamburger the bread, onion and salt/pepper to taste. Add a dash or two of worcestershire to the meat mixture as well-but not alot.
- Shape into large balls- (a little larger than golfballs- some say little softballs) Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add the worcestershire sauce to melted butter.
- Brown the meatballs in butter- until well browned.
- Remove meatballs to separate plate.
- Add a bit of water to deglaze pan-- add soup and stir well.
- Add the meatballs and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.