Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my version of a recipe I saw Giada make on her show. She puts bread crumbs between the zucchini layers but I think they taste soggy so I just put them on top. I sometimes just use an Italian shredded cheese blend as a substitute for the cheeses.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise in 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 236.59 ml cream or 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded Fontina cheese
- 59.14 ml shredded romano cheese
- 78.07 ml dried bread, crumbs
- 59.16 ml butter, cut into smaller pieces
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil.
- Layer in dish zucchini, salt and pepper, cream and cheeses. Make 3 layers. Top with bread crumbs, then butter. Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes.
Tasty! I made some changes...I doubled the recipe and used mild cheddar and mozzarella in place of the other cheeses. I used cream and baked it for 35 minutes, to be honest it needed a little longer to cook so I will definitely go for 40-45 next time. Aside from that it reminded me of macaroni and cheese!! Next time I will bake longer and NOT cut lengthwise, that was awkward to eat that way. I will definitely make again!
Wonderful. Every member of my family loved this. Made for PRMR.