Recipe by linguinelisa
This is my version of a recipe I saw Giada make on her show. She puts bread crumbs between the zucchini layers but I think they taste soggy so I just put them on top. I sometimes just use an Italian shredded cheese blend as a substitute for the cheeses.
Top Review by Raspberri_Skies
Tasty! I made some changes...I doubled the recipe and used mild cheddar and mozzarella in place of the other cheeses. I used cream and baked it for 35 minutes, to be honest it needed a little longer to cook so I will definitely go for 40-45 next time. Aside from that it reminded me of macaroni and cheese!! Next time I will bake longer and NOT cut lengthwise, that was awkward to eat that way. I will definitely make again!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise in 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded romano cheese
- 1⁄3 cup dried bread, crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into smaller pieces