Recipe by Tee Lee
These creamy, cheesy baked hashbrowns are a recipe from my boyfriend's mom and they're his favorite. They are delicious, but VERY rich. Feel free to lighten up the ingredients ... I can't because "that's not how mom made it."
Top Review by BarbryT
Good. Made with cubed hash browns and gruyere; I think I want to try it again with the shredded type of hash browns. Mine didn't seem to "melt" appropriately in spite of cooking as prescribed.
- 1 lb frozen hash browns
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2 Tbsp slices
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Pour hashbrowns onto large cookie sheet and place butter slices all around on top of them.
- Pour enough whipping cream over potatoes to just cover, but not soak.
- Season with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper (more or less depending on taste).
- Spread cheese over potatoes.
- Bake about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are cooked and cheese is lightly browned.