9 hrs 10 mins
Fighting the sniffles? Cabin fever? This classic chicken soup recipe from Grandma is sure to warm you up and lift your spirits! From MSN.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop carrots, celery and onion into bite-size pieces.
- 2Put veggies and chicken into a crock pot and fill with water.
- 3Sprinkle parsley, salt and pepper to your taste.
- 4Cover and cook on low heat for 8–9 hours. You can cook it overnight and have it for dinner the following evening.
- 5Remove the chicken, take meat off bones, and remove skin. Put meat back into soup.
- 6Make some rice or noodles to put in the soup. (Best to store leftover rice/noodles separately or they soak up all the broth.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Policastri's Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 98.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.7 g