Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Fighting the sniffles? Cabin fever? This classic chicken soup recipe from Grandma is sure to warm you up and lift your spirits! From MSN.
- 4 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 chicken breast, with bones and skin
- 2 chicken legs, with bones and skin
- grated parmesan cheese
- rice or noodles
- Chop carrots, celery and onion into bite-size pieces.
- Put veggies and chicken into a crock pot and fill with water.
- Sprinkle parsley, salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8–9 hours. You can cook it overnight and have it for dinner the following evening.
- Remove the chicken, take meat off bones, and remove skin. Put meat back into soup.
- Make some rice or noodles to put in the soup. (Best to store leftover rice/noodles separately or they soak up all the broth.).