Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The chicken that KFC. doesn't want anybody to find out about! "Truly finger licking good"! My whole family loves this chicken, it's easy and very affordable!
- 8 chicken pieces, with skin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1 pinch allspice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Put chicken pieces in a large bowl; add salt, black and red pepper, onion powder, and allspice. Toss chicken pieces in bowl until spices are distributed equally.
- Put flour in a medium-size bowl and roll each chicken piece until coated evenly.
- On medium heat in a large non-stick frying pan, bring canola oil up to temperature.
- Add chicken pieces one at a time, skin side down. Lightly sprinkle each side with onion powder and black pepper. Reduce heat to low to medium-low and cover with lid. Turn chicken pieces every 10 minutes for 30- 40 minutes. Chicken is done when both sides are golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Use a collander on a high rim plate to serve chicken on, allowing excess oil to drip free of the chicken as it cools to preserve crispiness.
great chicken recipe, our family is well satisfied!