Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've searched all the other meatloaf recipes and none appeared to have this combination of ingredients. It's a wonderful basic recipe that you can bake in any size loaf/muffin pan. Freezes well and we rarely have leftovers but when we do they make great sandwiches.
- 1 lb hamburger (regular or lean but not extra lean)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 4 slices bread, torn or run through the food processor
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions or 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Crumble ground beef in bowl.
- Add other ingredients, gently mix together.
- Place mixture in 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over meatloaf mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Dark pans will take less time, small loaf pans take about 20-25 minutes.
- Muffin cups, about 15 minutes.