Janie Marie's Note:
My mom made these pork chops a lot when we were growning up. Just the thought of them makes my mouth water!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rinse pork chops and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Mix together flour, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a pie dish. Dredge pork chops in flour mixture and brown both sides in oil mixture.
- 3Remove chops from pan when browned and crisp.
- 4Pour out oil from pan and heat water and bouillon cubes until dissolved. Add soup and sour cream to the pan and heat through, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Pour 1/4 mixture of sauce into a 9x13 pan and spread around.
- 6Place chops in pan and top with onions and peppers. Sprinkle more salt and pepper over chops, then cover with remaining sauce.
- 7Cover with tin foil and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Add more water to pan if needed to thin sauce and back at 350 degrees for another 15 minutes.
- 8Serve over egg noodles or white rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma O's Sour Cream Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.8
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 559.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 45.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt