Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom made these pork chops a lot when we were growning up. Just the thought of them makes my mouth water!
- 8 pork chops
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rinse pork chops and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Mix together flour, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a pie dish. Dredge pork chops in flour mixture and brown both sides in oil mixture.
- Remove chops from pan when browned and crisp.
- Pour out oil from pan and heat water and bouillon cubes until dissolved. Add soup and sour cream to the pan and heat through, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour 1/4 mixture of sauce into a 9x13 pan and spread around.
- Place chops in pan and top with onions and peppers. Sprinkle more salt and pepper over chops, then cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Add more water to pan if needed to thin sauce and back at 350 degrees for another 15 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles or white rice.
What a tasty dish! I made this last night for just DH and I so I cut the recipe down, didn't have green peppers so I used a poblano and a yellow pepper, more onion and used fresh garlic with the onions and peppers. I sauteed the vegies a little then added the celery soup (might use mushroom next time DH suggested) and a little less sour cream and chicken broth for the water and bouillon cubes. I did season and brown the chops and everything was just delicious. Thank you for posting and this is going into my Favorites of 2013. Served with red garlic mashed potatoes and Sesame Vegetable Medley#283350 and we had a great dinner. Made for Spring PAC 2013.