Recipe by ketchupqueen
This is called "Grandma Norma's Jell-o" in my family because my cousins' Grandma Norma used to make it for holiday dinners. Now that Grandma Norma hasn't been with us for many years, the tradition lives on as my Grandma Katie makes it each Thanksgiving. It's my favorite part of the Thanksgiving dinner, and I always get to take home all the leftovers. Last year Grandma Katie finally gave me the recipe, so I thought I'd share it with you all. Do it in a nice cut glass bowl for easy serving, or use a mold if desired. The walnuts are nice but not necessary, and we don't use them if small children will be dining with us. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat cherry yogurt
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 small sweet apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)